Artist of the Week: Nena

I must say youtube is really becoming my go to social media network for new music, more so than Myspace. This past week I re-discovered an old childhood favorite of mine or should I say two old childhood favorites?



This video I just posted is a updated version of Nena's Irgendwie,Irgendwo, Irgendwann.




The first clip is an updated version (in 2003) features '80s English pop star Kim Wilde who sings some of the lyrics in english. Before work, I downloaded the album that the updated version from itunes. What strikes me is how America has virtually ignored Nena after her smash hit "99 Luftballoons".



I personally think it is a crime that America brushed her off as a one hit wonder when she has made equally catchy songs in the new wave/synthpop vein. Nena recently shot a video for a duet she collaborated with ex-Wolfsheim vocalist Peter Heppner.



For a woman who is 50 years old and a grandmother, Nena looks amazing. She doesn't even look remotely 40 IMHO.

Comments

Popular Posts