Album of the week

I have been reading mixed reviews of Chvrches new album Love is Dead. For a long time I wasn't sure if I was going to buy the album because the songs I had heard at the time didn't resonate with me (except for "Miracle") or thought they were as catchy as their songs from their previous two albums.  Once I listened to the album on Spotify and heard it in its entirety, my fears quickly melted away. I am not going to pretend and say that the band tried to be innovative or gone experimental with their music. Love is Dead is your standard Chvrches album. The music has solid pop hooks, very catchy. The only tracks I didn't like was "My Enemy"and the short instrumental "ii", both could have easily been left off the album. While I like "Get Out", is it really necessary to repeat the title over and over again? "Get Out" has grown on me quite a bit since I first heard the album but the repetitiveness of the lyrics is something left to be desired. Overall I say Love is Dead was a lot better than I anticipated. I certainly am excited to see them live for the first time in October when they come to town.

Songs to check out:
Graffiti
Get Out
Miracle
Graves
Heaven/Hell
Really Gone

Comments

Popular Posts