Album of the week

For this week's album of the week, I have chosen the new album Lovers, Sinners, and Liars by Mondtraume. I have been listening to it on a daily basis since last Friday. Mondtraume has been a favorite since they released their first album Empty I was definitely not disappointed with what I had heard. It was a no brainer when I ordered a physical copy of the new album just after the first listen. Lovers, Sinners, and Liars picks up where Empty left off. The music is pure ear candy with its toe tapping melodies. I love how effortlessly the music flows from dance friendly club tracks to more midtempo tracks. There is a nice, cohesive flow. Some albums I have heard over the years can be jarring because the songs don't flow well together but Mondtraume's albums have always had a solid, cohesive sound (to this listener). It is really difficult for me to pick out a favorite song but I can definitely say that the first three tracks are absolutely outstanding. Of course I still love "Still Beating" and "Free" which were released as singles in the past couple of years. Both songs still sounds amazing to me. The remixes on the deluxe edition are pretty solid but I am glad I opted to buy the regular single disc version of the album. I do think the remixes are worth checking out at least once. Love X-O Planet's remix of "Still Beating", my favorite track of all the the remixes. Overall great album. Go give Lovers, Sinners and Liars a listen :).

Comments

Popular Posts