Random thoughts

Last year, I created a playlist of my 1000 favorite songs from my youth to the present moment . I got as high as around the 700s, I think it was in the 760s. Well I deleted that playlist and started over from scratch with a new version of My all time favorite songs. Why? Because of Boy George releases as a song minimizing the Palestinian genocide . I had some culture club songs on the playlist and felt that it was better to delete the mix and start over. 

I am and will never be okay with genocide deniers from the Holocaust, Khmer Rouge, and now Palestinians. I do not support artists who supports the violent acts of war perpetuated by benji and the orange clown. Palestinians, Lebanese, and Iranian people deserves to exist and to live freely. boy george and culture club to me. I will not show respect to him by capitalizing his name or culture club's name. They deserve no respect. 

Based on some of the lyrics I have read online, the song is absolutely offensive. I can not in good conscience continue listening to culture club's music because of boy george and his hateful pro-zionist song. 

I also deleted my 80s mix for the same reason. I also removed Michael Jackson's music. I can't enjoy his music as an adult anymore based on his legacy in the last years of his life.  I will eventually create a new one sans these two problematic artists but not now. I am going to focus on my new version of my all time favorite songs. 

I am thrilled to see this pos of a pop star is now getting blowback. boy george met with fierce backlash after controversial song. Martyn War of Human League and Heaven 17 called out his former friend as "pro-genocide, anti-Palestinian piece of musical propaganda...". Good on Martyn. 

The silver lining to this story is that this shit song is not on any streaming service. boy george probably knew that people would be calling out for its removal from streaming services. 

Off topic...I also don't support Angie Craig. She takes in AIPAC $. I will NOT be voting for her. Her personal attacks on Peggy Flanagan has shown who she is. She is a Democrat in name only. AIPAC wants her so she can lose to a AIPAC supported Republican. I really don't give a fuck if people unfollow my page on FB. I am okay with that, at least I am not a zionist POS who voted for the laken riley act which led to Ice invade MN. I fully support and will vote for Peggy Flanagan. I really hope people in MN knows what an awful woman she is, as well as what a clown Mayor Frey is for endorsing her too. I will forever blame Angie Craig for her vote on the laken riley act and ICE invading MN. Fuck her and anyone who votes for her!!!

Comments

Popular Posts