A trip down memory lane

So last night before going to bed, I pulled out a box full of cds that I had burned over the years and did a little sorting (of keep and throw away). Today I started listening to some of them at work. I thought I would share with those who might see this blog some of my past and present favorite albums.

Balligomingo: Beneath the Surface

This is one of my all time favorite ambient/pop albums. The music is just stunning to listen to. The female vocals are perfect as are the lush electronica beats. A flawless album.


Nightwish: Oceanborn

Listening to this album gave me a swift kick in the ass today and reminded me why Tarja will always be my favorite frontwoman in the band's history. While I did like former frontwoman Anette Olzon however she just wasn't Tarja. Maybe because her(Anette) vocals sounded like just about a lot of women in the gothic metal genre. And Oceanborn will remain my favorite Nightwish album of all time no if's, and's or but's.


The Merchant of Venice soundtrack

After work today I put in the soundtrack into my stereo. I totally loved every second of this gorgeous film score by Jocelyn Pook. I really did felt like I was in the era that the story took place. I think I need to rent that movie. Loved the costumes in the film and the performances too.


Uh Uh Her: Common Reaction

I was listening to this album tonight right around dinner time. With electro-pop all the rage nowadays, this debut album by Uh Uh Her certainly was ahead of its time.


Nightwish: Century Child

It has been years since I last listened to Century Child. As I have mentioned in a past blog entry, was one of my least favorite albums. I think I am going to have to re-think that idea. Yes it isn't as good as Oceanborn, Wishmaster, or Once but I am actually enjoying it more so than when it first came out to be honest.


Lullacry: Fire Within

I really have fallen back in love with Lullacry's music. So very catchy. Really love the piano version of "Crucify My Heart" on their Fire Within EP. The band really knows how to do ballads. I really need to get their latest album one of these days.

Comments

Popular Posts