My 10 favorite albums from 2000-2010

Since I listed my ten favorite albums from the '80s and '90s not long ago, I thought I would list my 10 favorite albums from 2000-2010. This proved to be rather a challenge. There are so many wonderful albums I have heard in that ten year time frame but ultimately, I went with the albums that stood out with me the most and still gets regular airplay in my boombox, ipod, or on my work computer.

10. William Orbit: Pieces in a Modern Style [2000]

I recently bought a used copy of Pieces in a Modern Style this past weekend. I missed having a copy to listen to so I bought another. I love William Orbit's interpretations of numerous classical movements. It's a really great album to chill out to after work.


09. Buddha Bar IV [2002]

Back in the early 2000s before I got into the industrial scene big time, I was into chill out music. I was a big fan of the Buddha Bar compilations. My personal favorite in the series was the fourth volume. Still love it to this very day.


08. Loreena McKennitt: Nights From Alhambra [2007]

I am not a big fan of live albums but by far Nights From Alhambra by Loreena McKennitt is my favorite. Of course this was released the same year she toured the US. Setlist was pretty much the same so for me it is a trip down memory lane. For me, I just love the live sound quality on the album and dvd.



07. Blutengel: The Oxidising Angel [2005]

This was the very first Blutengel album I had ever heard. Loved what I heard and since then I have been a big fan of the band.


06. Johnny Cash: American IV The Man Comes Around [2002]

One of my personal favorite albums of all time hands down. Enough said.


05. Departures soundtrack [2008]

My favorite film score from legendary film composer Joe Hisaishi, who has given us countless film scores for Studio Ghibli.Departures is an exquisite classical film score that always moves me wheneverI listen to it. Absolutely breathtaking.


04. Let the Right One In soundtrack [2008]

My other favorite soundtrack ever and in this ten year time frame. I don't think the film would have been as good had it not been for Johan Soderqvist's orchestral film score. Simply stunning.


03. Unter Null: The Failure Epiphany [2007]

Hands down my favorite industrial album of the decade. No if's, and's, or but's for me.


02. Conjure One: Conjure One [2002]

Truly one of my favorite ambient/pop albums ever, let alone albums in general. Music is so beautiful.


01. Delerium: Poem [2001]

This is my favorite Delerium ever. I have to admit that the reason for that is because of the song "A Poem for Byzantium", my favorite song ever. Period. I can just listen to this album constantly without skipping a single track.

Comments

Popular Posts