Classic mix tape: Chill out mix

This morning before work, I was in my closet when I grabbed a bag that contained a plastic bag of mix tapes that I had made back in the '90s. This quickly gave me an idea for a new mini-series on my blog. I thought I would listen to the tapes that were still with its case and track list and write about it on my blog.

Tonight I am writing about my favorite mix tape ever. It is chill out mix tape that reminds me an awful lot like the Garden State soundtrack. In fact, I think it was inspired by Garden State. I have been listening to the tape tonight and I am just blown away just how good my compilation is after all these years of having not listened to it.

Side A:
01. Massive Attack - Protection
02. Sade - King of Sorrow
03. Nick Drake - Pink Moon
04. Balligomingo - Falling
05. Coldplay - Sparks
06. Olive - Indulge Me
07. Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat
08. Sneaker Pimps - Walk the Rain
09. Seal - Love's Divine

Side B:
01. Hooverphonic - Inhaler
02. Dave Gahan - Stay
03. Euphoria - Desert Drive
04. Zero 7 - Somersault
05. Radiohead -Exit Music [For a Film]
06. Garbage - Drive Me Home
07. Depeche Mode - When the Body Speak
08. Solar Twins - Alleluias

Rarely do any of my mixes flow as well as this mix does. It has a good mix of trip hop, folk, pop, and alternative rock. It is not very often do I make a mix tape that not only has a cohesive sound to it but also a tape I can listen to over and over again. I love the diversity of sounds on this tape. The overall sound is very mellow and relaxing hence the generic title Chill Out Mix. For me, putting together a mix tape is a labor of love yet a big fat pain in the ass. I am real nitpicky about what sort of sound I want the mix to have and which songs to put on to the cassette tape. In other words, I can spend hours dwelling on making the damn thing. LOL!

Here are a few of my favorite tracks from the tape:











I really recommend checking out all of the songs on youtube.

Comments

Popular Posts