My current favorite songs

I will let the title of tonight's blog entry speak for itself ;).

This is Nena's latest music from her new album Du Bist Gut. One of these days I need to get her new album. It is a shame that America totally wrote her off too quickly back in the '80s. I think her music is quite good.


"Oranges" is one of my personal favorite tracks off the Absolute Grrrls Manifesto compilation. It is a beautiful song, very reminiscent of Cocteau Twins, My Bloody Valentine, and Slowdive.


If you haven't heard of Noblesse Oblige you have now. I came across this excellent duo of Sebastian Lee Phillip and Valerie Renay last week when I got my copy of Absolute Grrrls Manifesto compilation in the mail. I was hooked the second I heard their song "The Great Electrifier". Their latest video has been shot, directed, and edited by Chris Corner of IAMX.


Like Noblesse Oblige, I have discovered Jode this past week on FB. Jode is a Swedish synthpop duo. "Untold" is their first single. I really love what I have heard from them.


I have been a longtime Mediaeval Baebes fan for a decade now. This is one of my favorite songs off their latest album The Huntress.


I am really feeling the new Code 64 song. Pass on the remixes. I am picky about remixes but I totally love the original version of "Accelerate".

Comments

Popular Posts