Jams of the Week

Normally I focus on one particular song for my weekly Jam of the Week series but this week I will make an exception and write about two of my favorite songs at the moment.

The first song is UnterART's "Now or Never".

The song is super catchy and the vocals is a mix between clean and harsh. The melodies is so ridiculously addictive. Unfortunately the band is no longer together. Chris Harms is now in the band Lords of the Lost, okay band but I prefer his work with UnterArt.

My other favorite song at the moment is so not industrial and so unlike me..."Battle Cry" by Angel Haze (featuring Sia)

I came across this video on youtube a few weeks ago and have been listening to it constantly. It is such a powerful song by the young artist. I liked the song so much I actually bought her album Dirty Gold which surprisingly enough is quite good (this coming from someone who really isn't a big fan of hip hop music although I am starting to find a few artists in the genre compelling to listen to like GRRRL PRTY, Lizzo, and now Angel Haze). I love the lyrics which clearly is deeply personal for Angel Haze and Sia's vocals.

Comments

Popular Posts