Album of the week

Picking this week's Album of the Week was immensely difficult for me because I heard a slew of new music in the past few days that I absolutely adore. After listening to my picks between Indarra's Walk on Fire, Holygram's Modern Cults, Kaelan Mikla's Nott eftir nott, Lycia's In Flickers, and The Perfect Kiss' Filter, I ultimately went with the third album from Kaelan Mikla Nott eftir nott.

I discovered the band through Facebook because I kept seeing ads that promoted their new album which was released last Friday. It got to a point in which I ended up finding the band on bandcamp and listening to the two songs that were available for streaming before the album's release. One of the songs I heard was "Nornalagio" and that was the song that converted me into a fan of the young band. I have listened to the band's previous two albums on Spotify, I can definitely hear a huge growth in their music because their first two albums were pretty unrestrained and raw. I prefer Nott efitr nott because their is less screeching and more actual singing on this album, and love the slicker production on it too. Nott eftir nott will certainly go down as one of the bests post-punk albums I have  heard in 2018 and I have heard quite a few this year (most all great). 

To learn more about the band, here is a great article about them https://grapevine.is/culture/kaelanmikla

Comments

Popular Posts