Throwback Thursday

For the past few days, I have been working on a massive playlist (for me it is massive because it will contain 150 songs which is the most for any playlist I put together on Spotify) for my blog. It was inspired by an NPR article I read about 150 influential female artists in music (from the 21st century). Unfortunately there really isn't any female artists in this decade that has really influenced me so I decided to put together a list of 150 tracks by women in music who have influenced me from my youth to the present moment. I am getting very close to completing my playlist. I won't get into the music too much and will when I post my completed playlist on my blog. I will say that the process of putting the playlist together has been an interesting journey. I really did have some unusual musical tastes between my younger years and the present moment.

During this process of putting together of my playlist which I had to dig deep into my memories, I have come across some really great songs that I had not heard in many, many years. I thought I would share ten tracks from my upcoming playlist and none of them are recent.

01. Oceania: Haere Ra


02. Shampoo: Shiny Black Taxi Cab


03. Lacuna Coil: Purify


04. Mariah Carey: Love Takes Time


05. Android Lust: Panic Wrought


06. Angel Haze (w/Sia): Battle Cry


07. The Corrs: Runaway


08. No Doubt: Spiderwebs


09. Jann Arden: Good Mother


10. 10,000 Maniacs: Poison in the Well

Comments

Popular Posts