My Top Songs of 2020

I love this time of year because this is when the media starts putting out their best of lists and Spotify uploads listeners' favorite songs, artists, albums, musical genres, and podcasts. Today I found out what my listening habits on Spotify was and it was fascinating. Most of the songs that got a shit load of streaming from me were from 2019 and before that, not a lot of 2020 released songs. There were "Vanish" by Chandeen, "Glowing" by Phantogram, "Wide Awake" by Roniit, "Umbrellar" by Dua Saleh, "Song of Women" by The Hu (feat. Lizzy Hale),  and "Skapanir" by Danheim. 

Earlier this year, Spotify acquired the soundtracks to various Studio Ghibli films so I listened to a lot of Joe Hisaishi and his wonderful compositions he created for films like Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro. I also have been listening to a lot of symphonic metal this year especially Nightwish, Delain, Amaranthe, The Dark Element, and Battle Beast. 

Comments

Popular Posts