My 10 Current Favorite Albums of the Week

The past week has been a fantastic week for music for me while I was in Chicago and when I got back from my trip.

Thanks to NPR's All Songs Considered podcast, I discovered British artist Romy. I loved the clip the show aired a couple of weeks ago. When I headed home on the blue line from MSP, I put her debut album Mid Air on and it was a great album to listen to while on the train heading towards Minneapolis. The music is definitely EDM but with a chill vibe. I have been listening to the album every day.  I ended up ordering a physical copy of the album via Amazon.   

Another great EDM album is the second album by JVNA "Play With You". Super catchy. I like listening to it after I listen to Romy's Mid Air. Their music compliment each other.

While I was out of town, I got my physical copy of Twilight Blooming's excellent EP Song of the Warrior. Really huge fan of this Chinese folk/metal band.

The new albums by Olivia Rodrigo, Allison Russell, Vagabon, and Mitski are solid. I am particularly fond of the new Vagabon album Sorry I Haven't Called. 

01. Romy: Mid Air


02. JVNA: Play With You


03. Alison Russell: The Returner


04. Twilight Blooming: Song of the Warrior


05. Olivia Rodrigo: Guts


06. milet: 5am


07: Deep Water: Deep Water


08. Ave Mujica: Alea jacta est


09. Vagabon: Sorry I Haven't Called


10: Mitski: The Land is Inhospitable and So Are We

Comments

Popular Posts