Playlist of the Week

It has been a few months since I last posted my playlist of current favorite songs of 2023. It took me awhile to update the mix. I won't like, I got a little lazy in updating it but in the past 2 weeks, I got my shit together and updated it. 

The song came out earlier this spring but Nini Music's version of Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" with her sister Joy is finally on Spotify. In the background there is a sample of Disturbed's version of the song too. So glad I can finally listen to the song on Spotify and add it to some of my playlists. 

Other great cover songs I have heard this summer is Brandi and her wife Catherine's cover of "Closer to Fine" by the Indigo Girls, and Muna's version of "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion. 

During the summer, I discovered some great new bands like SunLotus (Indonesian shoegaze band), M.E.L.T (Singaporean symphonic metal band), Canadian indie-rock band Mother Tongues (who sounds like they could have been signed to 4AD in the '90s), and Hounds of Bayanay (Siberian folk/metal band). 

Songs to Check Out:
"The Sound of Silence" by Nini Music, Joy
"My Heart Will Go On - triple j Like a Version" by Muna
"Closer to Fine" by Brandi Carlile, Catherine Carlile
"Angel" by X-Japan
"My Goddess" by M.E.L.T
"The Beast" by Wagakki Band

Comments

Popular Posts