Albums I am currently listening to

Promidal: Dead Nation

When I went to the TCEP #7 CD release show on Saturday night, I picked up a copy of Promidal's EP Dead Nation. If you like aggrotech, I definitely think you will like the harsh,nihilistic sounds of Promidal.

Twin Cities Electropunk Volume 7

I picked up an actual copy of the latest TCEP compilation on Friday night as well. I like what I have heard so far. Definitely plan on reviewing it as a whole after I have listened to it a few more times. Really liked the contributions by KPT, Geodesique, Thought Thieves, Promidal, and The Night.

Loreena McKennitt: The Book of Secrets

I had to make a stop at Cheapo records today to distribute a few flyers, while there I found a cheap, used copy of The Book of Secrets. I had missed owning this album so I decided to get it. I am glad I did. I consider The Book of Secrets as one of Loreena's best albums ever.


Spirited Away Soundtrack

This is the other cd I picked up at Cheapo records today. How I missed owning this soundtrack to one of my favorite Hayao Miyazaki films. The music is such a delight to listen to.


Vicci Martinez:Vicci

I confess...I watchedthe first season of The Voice and actually liked it. Of all the contestants Vicci Martinez stood out of the bunch for me. I loved her versions of "Fucking Perfect" by P!nk,"Rolling in the Deep" by Adele, and "Jolene" by Dolly Parton. Her somewhat raspy voice had me hooked. I recently got her debut album Vicci from the library and was surprised by how good the material on the album is. Of all the songs on the album, "Stop Pretending" is my favorite track. So damn catchy.

Comments

Popular Posts