Rest in Peace Prince

Like everyone here in the Twin Cities and around the world, I am completely shocked by the sudden and untimely passing of Prince. Living in Minnesota/Twin Cities all of my life and Minneapolis in general for over ten years, Prince really put the Twin Cities music scene on the map. I have to admit I was just a casual fan but he did get a lot of respect from me. Prince did everything on his terms especially when he was battling with his record label in the '90s and having control over his image over the internet, not to mention his mad skills as a guitarist. That said, I end this with footage from his Super Bowl show (wish I could find better footage though) and footage of him performing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at the 2004 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. There will never be anyone like Prince. Not now, not ever. He was truly one of a kind, like David Bowie.



Comments

Popular Posts