My current favorite songs

Yay for the weekends! Boo for the super bowl in my city! At least it is the weekend now. Too bad it is a zoo in my neighborhood because of the big game. This is the one time of year when I hope the weekend goes by quickly.

Threw in some faves that I have featured on past mixes like "The Universe" by Boytronic, "For Now" by P!nk, "A Waiting Time" by Autumn, and Artesia's "The Gaels". Some songs deserves to be heard over and over again on my blog. I can't get enough of Artesia's "The Gaels". The song reminds me so much of Trevor Jones's work on The Last of Mohicans soundtrack.  Just a beautiful track.

Also added some oldies but goodies by the likes of IAMX, Love Spit Love, and Dual Density. I love Dual Density. They are a female fronted synthpop act, unfortunately short lived. I listened to their album Soul Ecstasy for the first time in a couple of years. I feel bad for neglecting that album. It is such a wonderful synthpop album that has some killer pop hooks.

The new Kirlian Camera came out earlier this week which made me very happy. I absolutely love the new album Hologram Moon. I bought a digital copy of the deluxe edition via google play because I can't stream the entire album on Spotify or Bandcamp (because I am waiting for my copy of the album to arrive in the mail from Out of Line) but it was so worth the $$$. There was just one track I didn't like. One of my faves is the Italian version of "Sky Collapse". Eskil isn't on this version but that's okay. I loved listening to Elena sing in Italian on this track. Since I couldn't feature this song on my playlist I opted for "Holograms" which I also love. It is classic Kirlian Camera.

Still enjoying the hell out of the new Psy'Aviah album. Between Hologram Moon and Lightflare, I am good to go until the third Autumn album Chandelier comes out.I always love Mari Kattman's vocal contributions on every releases that Yves has released as Psy'Aviah.

Last week I discovered that Ginger Snap5 had released a new album last year called Against the Days. Finally got to listen to it this week. I certainly like what I have heard from the initial listen. I love the first album. Just need to listen to the new album a few more times to allow the music sink into my subconsciousness.

Songs to check out:
"Holograms" by Kirlian Camera
"Lost at Sea" by Psy'Aviah feat. Mari Kattman
"Die Like Dinoz" by Nahko
"Break Me Down" by Ginger Snap5
"Monday" by Junksista





Comments

Popular Posts