Album of the week

Over the weekend, my friend Trace emailed me about the synthpop duo Marsheaux. I already knew about them for several years (as noted in my previous blog). I really wish I could remember when I discovered them but I know it was online and loved their sound immediately which is all that really matters I suppose. Anyways, our email exchange about the band got me in a Marsheaux mood for the past few days especially their album Lumineux Noir, my first Marsheaux album and my personal favorite album. I believe it was the track "Summer" that got me to buy Lumineux Noir, which was actually the first Marsheaux song I had heard. It is a must play song during summertime. I love the retro sound of Marsheaux, very OMD and early Depeche Mode, with some Human League thrown into the mix. I am glad to see a few of my friends have started to catch on to Marsheaux's music. I always felt they were underrated and underappreciated in the synth scene.

Comments

Popular Posts