My current favorite songs of the week

TGIF! I hope all my readers had a good week.

I got word that the Covenant show was a financial success for Kilted Farmer which makes me very happy. I got some videos from the concert I hope to have completely uploaded by the end of the weekend. It was good seeing Covenant live again. Really dug the Sweat Boys (who was one of three opening acts) in particular. I hope they come to the Twin Cities again. They were a hoot to see live. Dug their '80s new wave sound and campy image. 

I have included tracks by Covenant, Sweat Boys, and Endless Blue as a tribute to Wednesday's show. During the set, one of my favorite videos/songs from 2017 was a played which is Boytronic's "The Universe". It is great catchy synthpop track.

I am still on my Nightwish kick this week after going to Chicago to see them live. "Elan" is my current favorite song by the band. Tuomas really has an innate ability to write some infectious melodies. "Elan" has to be one of the catchiest songs he has written in the past several years.

This week I have really been listening a lot to Cesium 137's Rise to Conquer album. Cesium 137 has always put out great synthpop albums and they did not disappoint with this album. I personally think this is their best album to date but that's just my opinion ;).

Blew off the dust on The Eden House's excellent 2017 release Songs For the Broken Ones (figuratively speaking) this week. It had been a few months since I last listened to it. The album is still as good as the first time I listened to it online. Monica Richards sings on several tracks on the album. If you haven't heard it, go check it out. I think  I listed the album at number one for best of 2017. I can't remember and I am too lazy to

Still listening to Chandelier on a daily basis like once or twice a day. I can't go a day without listening to it. It is really going to be a challenge for bands like Blume, Loreena McKennitt, and Hanzel und Gretyl to really outdo Chandelier for the top spot of my best of 2018 list when their albums drop in the coming months. The album is so amazingly good. With the crap I am going through, the album has been a source for comfort to me if not provides me with a good distraction for over an hour. Current favorite song off the album: "My Last Confession". I love that the band goes beyond their post-punk/dreampop sounds by venturing into electronic music (which isn't the first time after William Faith remixed "The Fall" last year).

Alongside Autumn, I threw in some other dreampop tracks by Pale Saints, Chandeen, and The Fauns. I don't know why I never listened to Pale Saints before but I am now. I will admit some of their songs bores me but they are few and far between.

Songs to check out:
"My Last Confession" by Autumn
"The Universe" by Boytronic
"One Heart" by The Eden House
"Fields" by Cesium 137
"Work for it" by Sweat Boys



Where you can buy some of the music mentioned here:
The Eden House: https://theedenhouse.bandcamp.com/album/songs-for-the-broken-ones
Autumn: https://autumn-us.bandcamp.com/album/chandelier-2
Sweat Boys: https://sweatboys.bandcamp.com/album/i-like-to-party-ep
Cesium 137: https://cesium137.bandcamp.com/album/rise-to-conquer

Comments

Popular Posts