My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

TGIF! This was the first week which I worked a full 40 hours (still working from home though). I was only doing 32 hours a week + 8 hrs of mandatory PTO because work had slowed down due to the 'Rona). I don't know how I feel about it at the moment other than I am glad that I won't be depleting my PTO because of the damn pandemic. 

New favorite artist alert! I recently discovered Lous and the Yakuza (aka Marie-Pierra Kakoma), a Belgian-Congolese rapper/singer/songwriter/model/artist. Someone I follow on Twitter mentioned her in their tweets and I just had to check out her EP Solo . I absolutely loved her music right away. I definitely plan on buying her debut album Gore when it comes out later this fall (hopefully the pandemic won't delay it like it has with Wardruna's latest album).

Margo Price's third album That's How Rumors Got Started finally dropped today. Definitely can say this is her best work to date. The entire album is good however I am really digging the title track at the moment. Thank you Anthony Bourdain for introducing Margo to the rest of the world when you had her on your show a few years ago! RIP Anthony! 

Been listening a lot to the new Frozen Plasma and Empathy Test albums this week. Both will most likely be on my end of the year best of list. 

Songs to check out:
"Tout est gore" by Lous and the Yakuza
"That's How Rumors Got Started" by Margo Price
"Conversations in the Dark" by John Legend
"Exit" by Frozen Plasma
"Love Moves" by Empathy Test
"Beds Are Burning" by Gabriel and the Apocalypse
"Hideaway" by Holygram

Comments

Popular Posts