Album of the Week

I first came across Ephemerality via Youtube last week when I looked up on the platform to for some thrash or black/death metal from China, and I came across the Beijing based metal band Ephemerality. I was immediately hooked when I heard one of their songs. I have been listening to their self-titled EP (released in 2017) every damn day. They remind me so much of Arch Enemy when Angela Gassow was the frontwoman for the band. Language aside, frontwoman Tiina sounds a lot like Angela. She has an amazing voice. Personally, I love hearing an Asian/Chinese woman sing in a death metal band with vocals that is a far cry from what I am used to hearing from the women in Crescent Lament, Mysterain, and Onmyo-Za. The band's  music is super heavy yet melodic. Why this band isn't signed yet is a mystery to me? Their music is freaking awesome!  All the songs are great but track 5 is my personal favorite on the self-titled EP.

Comments

Popular Posts