Current Favorite Songs of the Week

TGIF! After having a super short work week, I was back to the usual 5 day work week. I listened to a good mix of new and not so new music. Definitely tried to listen to albums I have neglected over time.

Today (09/16) was particularly a good for music because Rina Sawayama, BLACKPINK, and NCT 127 dropped new albums. Really wasn't big on NCT 127's music (I'm more into The Rose and BTS as far as male Kpop bands are concerned). 

The new BLACKPINK album Born Pink is pretty good but not as good as their debut album. I'm probably in the minority that wasn't impressed with their first single "Pink Venom". My current favorite song from the album is "Typa Girl" (with "Shut Down" right behind it).

I really wasn't feeling some of the singles Rina Sawayama released in the last couple of months but after listening to Hold the Girl in its entirety (and as it is according to the track list), the songs makes a lot more sense to me. The album is really good. I will say that the genre bending sound from Rina's first album which infused heavy metal with pop is not on Hold the Girl so for anyone expecting "Shut Up" part 2, it ain't there. 

Songs to Check Out:
"Urbani" by Heilung  
"Spider Thread" by Mardelas
"Teach Me" by The Hu
"Take My Hand" by Hatchie
"Poisoned Arrow" by Arch Enemy
"Typa Girl" by BLACKPINK
"To Be Alive" by Rina Sawayama

Comments

Popular Posts