My 10 Current Favorite Metal Albums of 2023

2023 is shaping up to be a fantastic year for the heavy metal genre.I thought I would post a list of my top 10 favorite metal albums that were released this year. Lovebites,  Sirenia, and Valkyrie Zero  are definitely giving the new Onmyo-Za album Ryuu Doji album a run for its money when it comes to my #1 metal album of 2023 because they are so good. After listening to the album this morning, I stand by my choice that Ryuu Doji is at the top spot of my list.

Japanese thrash metal band Valkyrie Zero finally got their album Attack of Valkyrie uploaded on Spotify earlier this week. I have been waiting for it to show up since its release over the summer. I love the current J-metal scene but it is really nice to hear some old school thrash metal that harkens back to the '80s and '90s, and Attack of Valkyrie really satisfies that proverbial itch.

While I did like Sirenia's last album Riddles, Ruins, and Revelations because of their current singer Emmanuelle Zoldan, the album was so-so in my book. I do think she is the best singer of all the singers that had been in the band before her. I didn't have much expectations for 1977. I had to eat a big old slice humble pie when I first head the new album and loved every track on it. 

Onmyo-Za: Ryuu Doji


Lovebites: Judgement Day


Valkyrie Zero: Attack of Valkyrie


Sirenia: 1977


Vintersea: Woven Into Ashes


DengeL: The Garden of Earthly Delights


Anathematise: Bizarre Tales From the Past and the Future


Bloody Tyrant: Hagakure II
  

Voice of Baceprot: RETAS


Ave Mujica: Alea jacta est

Comments

Popular Posts