Playlist of the Week

Over the weekend, I was inspired to create a playlist of my favorite female fronted heavy metal bands from all over the world.Name of the mix is hardly original nor will be the last to be named Heavy Metal Queens. On my playlist there is a good cross mix of genres from cultures outside of America and Europe. I wanted East and Southeast Asian cultures be well represented, and to show that not everything that comes out of East Asia is pop music (aka kpop, jpop, mandopop). 

FYI as someone who isn't a fan of Lacuna Coil, Evanescence or Epica, they are not on this playlist like on many Spotify metal themed mixes. There are so many bands who puts out music that is far more interesting and not sound like every album they put out. 

While I do love kawaii metal, I did not make them a focal point on this mix when it came to J-metal because I feel like there is a sect of the J-metal scene that is smaller and lesser known that doesn't involve anime such as Eleanor, Ancient Myth, Valkyrie Zero, Serenity in Murder, and Tears of Tragedy. I wanted to give those bands more attention while I put together this mix. 

As of now, I am at 200 songs. I will probably add more songs to the mix but at the moment I am keeping it at that number. It is 16 hours of music. It is a solid mix. I listen to it in shuffle mode. 

Bands to check out:
Onmyo-Za 
Exit Eden
Tears of Tragedy
Eleanor
Valkyrie Zero
Sirenia
Lovebites
Silent Elegy
Alterium
Varg
Ishtar
Battle Beast
Saratan
Ancient Myth
Deathless Legacy
Anna Fiori

Comments

Popular Posts