Random Thoughts
One of the trending topics on Bluesky right now is an article from Rolling Stone Magazine called What some folks really mean when they claim they never heard "Choosing Texas" . It is pretty obvious that RS got dragged on the BS big time, and well deserved. I can't believe someone got paid to write that swill.
Personally, speaking for myself, I can genuinely say I never listened to the song because I have no interest in listening to it or anything by Ella Langley. I curate my listening interests with the assistance from streaming services like Spotify & Bandcamp, as well as YouTube. I really despise that Rolling Stone Magazine is trying to bully music listeners into listening to artists/bands they have absolutely no interest in. This also applies to that godawful band Goose, a band I have listened to for 2 whole minutes last year before writing them off as crap. They are why I do not listen to what RS and other music related media outlets say.
I despise that media is trying to dictate what culture is and should be, and right now in this era, full of conservative, mediocre white people, or anything ai-generated which is a huge NO THANK YOU for me.
Just food for thought, not everyone uses a streaming service and listens to music the old school way (and better way) via physical media which is why there are some people will say "who is Ella Langley? in a genuine way.
Here are some albums that falls under the Americana/country/roots genre that I can personally endorse and gently recommend, some recent, some not so recent. People can take it or leave it, I am okay with that but I am not okay with being force fed artists or bands by the media.
Comments
Post a Comment