Album of the Week

Last Friday, I finally got around to checking out fellow Highwomen member Natalie Hemby's 2017 debut album Puxico. I have been meaning to since I love The Highwomen debut album which was one of my favorite albums in 2019. Didn't have any expectations going into the album so I was really pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy this album. When it comes to country music, I tend to favor older music from Loretta Lynn up until the early '90s HOWEVER I will make the exception for Brandi Carlile, Yola, The Highwomen, Tanya Tucker (her new album is fantastic), and now Natalie Hemby. Puxico has both an old school and new school country vibe with some folk and pop thrown into the mix. I really love Natalie's polished vocals. She has a very soothing voice to listen to. The production value of the album which is not polished and very raw. As far as my favorite songs are concerned, "Grand Restoration", "Ferris Wheel", and "Return" are my personal favorite songs but the entire album is great.

Comments

Popular Posts