My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday! This week was really great for new music. Last night I heard some excellent Chinese hip hop music via Spotify and then this morning I discovered some new music through NPR's All Songs Considered and Spotify.

This week in music has been all over the place. I listened to a lot of metal, hip hop, and everything in between from Generdyn to Tanya Tucker. I just discovered the wild sounds of Poppy on NPR today and I just love her blend of pop and thrash metal. This is what Babymetal should sound like but they don't and instead sounds like shit (to me). I didn't realize that one of my favorite female Chinese rappers (VaVa) released a new album last year. It is solid. Through VaVa's Spotify page, I found MC HotDog, hate the name but his music is great too.

Songs to Check Out:
"Fill the Crown" by Poppy
"Queen is Back" by VaVa (female Chinese rapper)
"All I Need" by Roniit
"Triumph" by Generdyn
"Change" (feat. Ayal Komod) by MC HotDog (another Chinese rapper)
"Seminole Wind Calling" by Tanya Tucker
"False Walls" by Unleash the Archers

Comments

Popular Posts