25 Metal Albums From Asia I Recommend

I thought for any interested reader(s) I would put together a list of 25 metal albums from various parts of Asia I recommend streaming or buying via Bandcamp. I definitely recommend all 4 albums by Serenity In Murder 😊. They are my current favorite band. I am constantly listening to their music every day. 

A lot of the music I have been enjoying as of lately is from Japan especially the melodic death metal band Serenity In Murder as well as a lot of Chinese metal bands (current fave is the symphonic metal band Silent Elegy) but I have been trying to branch out into other countries in Asia like Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, and Korea. 

What I have learned in the last few months of exploring the heavy metal scene in the aforementioned countries is that people love black/death metal. For a long time I have been meh about black and death metal but bands like Serenity in Murder, Ritual Day, and Chthonic has really changed my mind about the music. 

I also learned that the symphonic metal scene isn't strictly European centric. China, Indonesia, Korea, and Japan has some excellent symphonic metal bands. I am particularly crazy about the bands Blodwen (Indonesia) and Silent Elegy (China). They remind me so much of Nightwish during the Tarja years. 




04. Reborn VN: Inner War (Vietnam)







14. Blodwen: When Autumn Ends (Indonesia)







24. Ritual Day: Weak Light of Silence EP  (China)

25. Onmyo-Za: Hadou Myouou [2018 album] (Japan)

Comments

Popular Posts