Playlist Of The Week

A couple of weeks ago, I learned that my favorite melodic death metal band Serenity in Murder had their 3rd and most recent albums on Spotify. For awhile I could only listen to The First Frisson of the World and The Highest of Dystopia on Spotify but now then the band uploaded The Eclipse and Reborn. I ended up putting all four albums on one playlist for when I want to listen to their music (in shuffle mode) when I go out for a walk after work or during the weekends. 

I first discovered the band via YouTube and saw this clip of their new vocalist Ayumu singing "Anthem" on a first take. There is also another video of Ayumu singing Beast in Human Shape too. I was immediately hooked. I was reminded so much of fellow death metal band Arch Enemy and their Chinese counterparts (and my favorite band from China) Ephemerality. The first album I bought was a digital copy of Reborn off their bandcamp page https://serenityinmurder.bandcamp.com/music  . Ayumu has done a really great job at fitting in with her bandmates. She had big shoes to fill when former vocalist Emi left the band a few years ago. I love all 4 albums but if was to recommend an album to start out with, I would start from The First Frisson of the World and work up to Reborn. That is what I would suggest  for my readers 😉.

Songs to Check Out:
"Leaves Burned to Ashes" (Reborn)
"The Sea Is..." (The Eclipse)
"Nocturnal Damned" (The Highest Dystopia)
"Infact Bellum" (The First Frisson of The World)


Comments

Popular Posts