What I have been listening to in the past month

For anyone on FB that follows my FB page, my personal account was suspended for a month for no good reason. I suspect someone on my friends list had reported a harmless post that was not remotely hateful or called for violence but yet still got me a 30-day trip to FB jail. That was extremely annoying but I am back on Facebook now. The suspension was lifted this morning. I thought I would post some of my favorite music I have heard in the past 30 days for those who follow my page on Facebook page.

Favorite Songs:

Ritual Day has a new single out called "Mist of Plague". I absolutely love it. Ritual Day is the oldest extreme metal band in China (as far as I know of). I like how the song begins as a traditional Chinese folk song and then slowly shifts into black metal. I think the production on this track is top notch. Looking forward to hearing their new album for Modern Sky which probably will be released sometime in the new year.


I recently discovered Paradigm Shift via Unite Asia.I really love the female vocals on this track.


Super excited that MergingMoon and Yu have re-emerged as a unit with "Activate the Hell". The song is heavy AF. The band's most aggressive work to date IMO. It has been several years since I last heard Yu with the band. When she left the band, I was really bummed. The band didn't sound right without her.I have been a fan of the band since I saw them on Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown many, many moons ago.


Favorite Albums:

Earlier this month and over the weekend, I saw the new MCU movie Eternals. I absolutely love the film. Been listening a lot to the film score by Ramin Djawadi who also composed the music for Games of Thrones. The soundtracks to MCU movies are pretty forgettable to me even for Endgame but I absolutely love Ramin's work for Eternals.


When I need a break from heavy metal music which is at least once day, I have been listening to the new ABBA album Voyage. It is a perfect pop album. It is a bit on the melancholy side but that is how a lot of ABBA's music is. Great swan song for the legendary band. Glad they put out one more album.


Thanks to the podcast Song Exploder and the episode featuring the band The War On Drugs for the song "I Don't Live Here Anymore", I have been listening to their new album I Don't Live Here Anymore. While I am more into music that is far more heavier sounding, I Don't Live Here Anymore is great rock album. The music has some great melodies.

Comments

Popular Posts