My 10 Favorite Albums I Have Listened to in the Past 7 Days

I won't lie, I completely forgot about my new format for my Tuesday blog post. I am going to really try to remember that I changed the format because it needed change after so many years. Trying to pick an album of the week was getting monotonous to me.

Last week, the Portland, OR progressive/death metal band Vintersea released their third album Woven Into Ashes. I love the new album. The band just keeps getting better with every release. Woven Into Ashes is a solid album with no fillers.  Frontwoman Avienne sounds incredible on this album. She can shift from clean vocals to growling with very little effort. 

I recently discovered the Egyptian metal band Riverwood (via YouTube). They remind me of the Indian folk/metal band Bloodywood but Egyptian. Excellent music. Definitely recommend checking out their music.

Last couple of days I have been listening to Bizarre Tales From the Past and the Future by the Chinese thrash metal band Anthematise. I love the fast, raw energy of their music.

The more I listen to Electric Sun, the more I like it. VNV Nation's last album was disappointment. I listened to it a few times and gave up. Electric Sun keeps making me want to listen to it every day. It is beautiful album but I will concede that VNV's music does come off sounding the same. This repetitiveness is why I really lost interest in EBM.

01. Vintersea: Woven Into Ashes


02. Anathematise: Bizarre Tales From the Past and the Future


03. Riverwood: Shadow and Flames


04. Isiliel: Moonbow Genesis


05. MistoriA: Curse


06. VNV Nation: Electric Sun


07. Lovebites: Judgement Day


08. Burning Witches: The Dark Tower


09. The Frozen Autumn: The Shape of Things to Come


10. DengeL: The Garden of Earthly Delights

Comments

Popular Posts