Tarja Turunen with Chaoseum at Varsity Theater 06.22.2023

Thursday night, I went to see former Nightwish singer Tarja Turunen at the Varsity Theater. Her opening act was the Swiss band Chaoseum. Here is her playlist from the show. Unfortunately I couldn't find Chaoseum's set list online. I do remember their set was just a half an hour long. Here are photos and some video from the show. 

I will be honest, I was there for Tarja, not for Chaoseum. Chaoseum isn't a bad band but their music didn't do anything for me. I would have loved to have seen Sirenia or Xandria open up for Tarja. I think those bands would have been more suited. Beggers can't be choosers. It was great seeing Tarja live again. Last time I saw here was with Nightwish and at the former The Quest back in the early 2000s. The show on Thursday was incredible. I definitely had a better time that night than when I was at The Cure show. I had a better view of the stage and I was able to get home without freaking out about missing the bus. I loved that Tarja did a cover of "Nemo". Easily my favorite performance of the night.

Next concert won't be until August when I see the Japanese rock band Band-Maid. I probably will have to get to the venue super early (good excuse to get a Korean corndog from CrunchCheese and a bottle of water). The line in Chicago at the HoB last fall was ridiculously long when I got in line 2 hours before the show.









YT short of Tarja Turunen performing at the Varsity Theater

Comments

Popular Posts