My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday! Here is this week's mix. 

I don't know why but Ghost Cries' Cocytus was removed from Spotify. I think it was uploaded to the wrong account. I hope it returns to the streaming platform eventually. 

I listened to a lot of Tanya Tucker this week because I decided to create a Tanya Tucker playlist. So far I like her 90s music. I honestly think a lot of her music, if not all (before her most recent albums with Shooter Jennings and Brandi Carlile) should get a remastering treatment because the production on some of the albums (like TNT) sounds dated. 

For dark ambient fans, I so recommend Carl-Johan Sevedag's score for the Polish horror film Hellhole (on Netflix). It is so good, the movie not so much (I do like the cinematography though). The movie ends with the title track, and it is a perfect closer.

Off topic: If you have a Spotify premium account, you can now listen to Audiobooks. I just started listening to Crying in H Mart this week. It is so good listening to the moving memoir by Michelle Zauner. I have read the book but I always wanted to hear it in Michelle's words. Once I am done with Michelle's book, I plan on listening to Broken Horses by Brandi Carlile. I may end up reading Britney Spears' memoir or maybe not. 

Edit: I did finish Crying in H Mart. Listening to the book in audio form and in Michelle's voice really made her story all the more impactful on me as the listener. 

Songs to Check Out:
"Monsters" by Glaring
"Die in Your Arms" by Camlann
"Garnet" by Sunlotus  
"Still in Love" by Blush
"Hellhole" by Carl-Johan Sevedag
"Spine" by Myrkur
"Don't Go Out" by Tanya Tucker

Comments

Popular Posts