My Top 10 Current Favorite Albums of the Week

I recently started putting together a new Post-punk/Darkwave Mix on Spotify. It had been a few years since I had a mix that centered around post-punk music. I felt it was time for me to resurrect it especially when I have been getting back into the genre in recent months because of Indonesian bands like Pelteras and Camlann. I have a few albums on this list from my journey into finding bands for my mix such as Silence in the Snow, Vogue.Noir, Camlann (not really, they have been a  fave of mine since 2021), and Nao Katafuchi. 

My number one pick is a shoegaze band from Mexico City. I discovered Mint Field on NPR's All Songs Considered a few weeks ago on their Friday episode of New Music Friday. Their album is so good. I am really hearing a lot of great shoegaze music this year between Slowdive, Blush (Singapore), Moon in June (Japan), Blonde Redhead, and now Mint Field. 

Still listening to Blush's debut album Supercrush.  This is definitely my top favorite shoegaze album of 2023. I listen to it at least once a day during the work week while I am working. I definitely recommend this album for fans of Slowdive and Lush. It has such a dreamy quality to it especially on "Hide and Seek". 

Indonesian darkwave band Camlann released a new album Dismantle! It is really good. I was meh on the band's last album but the new album is fantastic. I know the group has gone through some changes over the last few years and making some adjustments to their sound. I think they found their groove on this new album. 

01. Mint Field: Aprender a Ser


02. Blush: Supercrush


03. Camlann: Dismantle!


04. Stigmatize: Doomsday Cult


05. Myrkur: Spine


06. Silence in the Snow: Ghost Eyes


07. Tanya Tucker: While I'm Livin'


08. Nao Katafuchi: Yumegoto


09. Vogue.Noir: Strange Days


10. Blonde Redhead: Sit Down for Dinner

Comments

Popular Posts