My Current Top 10 Favorite Albums of the Week

My favorite Japanese death metal band Ghost Cries released a new EP or album over the weekend called Cocytus. That was a nice surprise when I saw it in my notifications on Spotify. I love it! I have already listened to it a half dozen times. The new Camlann (Indonesian darkwave band) album Dismantle! is getting lots of streams from me. The album slaps from start to finish. Go check them out along with fellow Indonesian darkwave act  Pelteras whose album Peranjakan is on this list. People really should not sleep on East and Southeast Asia when it comes to goth music. You can find a ton of really great post-punk bands from Japan during the '80s/'90s on YouTube that you can't find on Spotify. 

Not post-punk/darkwave, the Indonesian band Sunlotus is worth checking out. I have neglected Fever for awhile but I recently listened to it on Spotify. It is definitely one of my favorite shoegaze albums of 2023, along with Moon in June's Romance and Light Blue Town, Mint Field's Aprender a Ser, Blush's Supercrush, and Mother Tongue's Love in a Vicious Way. 

Still on my Tanya Tucker kick. This week I am doing a deep dive into her catalog and has started putting together a playlist of my favorite Tanya Tucker songs. I'll talk more about it next week. So far her recent albums with Shooter Jennings and Brandi Carlile While I'm Livin' and Sweet Western Sounds are my absolute favorite TT albums. 

01. Ghost Cries: Cocytus


02. Camlann: Dismantle!


03. Mint Field: Aprender a Ser


04. Sunlotus: Fever


05. Pelteras: Peranjakan


06. Twilight Blooming: Song of the Warrior


07. Myrkur: Spine


08: Alan Walker:Walkerworld


09. Tanya Tucker: While I'm Livin'


10. Aisha Devi: Death is Home

Comments

Popular Posts