Best of 2013: Absolute Grrrls Manifesto Chapter 1

Now that it is officially December, that means I am going to once again start posting (as much as possible) my favorite albums of 2013 throughout the month of December. To make it interesting and unpredictable, some of the albums I am writing about may end up on my final top 10-20 best of list, some may not. Let me tell you that will not be an easy feat since I have heard a ton of excellent music this year.

Tonight I am beginning with the excellent 4 Disc compilation Absolute Grrrls Manifesto Chapter 1 from Alfa Matrix. This is a 4 CD compilation featuring female-fronted bands or bands with tracks featuring female singers like the tracks "Deep Waters" by Grendel, "Voyage" by Patenbrigade Wolff feat. Antje Dieckmann and "High Heel Fixation" by Aesthetische. I am definitely considering Absolute Grrrls Manifesto as one of the best releases from this year. It really introduced me to some excellent bands like Noblesse Oblige (whom you know by now absolutely adore) and Junksista (a relatively new favorite of mine). While the compilation certainly left out some other notable acts (i.e Sensuous Enemy, Cylab, The Break Up, Future Perfect to name a few), it still provided this music junkie hours of entertaiment.

While the majority of the bands featured on the a compilation are part of the electro underground scene, the music does branch out into the metal genre. Most of the songs were a hit with me, few I just skip but those were few and far between. Here are a few of my favorite songs from the compilation:









If you want to discover new artists, check out Absolutely Grrrls Manifesto.

Comments

Popular Posts