Best of 2013: Inhale by Marsheaux

Inhale by Marsheaux

I am a relatively new fan to Marsheaux's music. Last year I finally got around to buying Lumineux Noir and it automatically made me a life long fan of the group's music. So it goes without saying that I was excited when the two women put out a new album earlier this year called Inhale. I would describe their music as being minimalist '80s synthpop. Their music reminds me of all the '80s greats like Book of Love, Yaz, OMD, (early)Depeche Mode,and Human League. Inhale (and like their other albums) may have a retro sound, the music never sounds dated or obsolete. On their previous album, I felt like I was listening to Ladytron here nd there. The songs are incredibly catchy. The vocals do tend to be a bit monotonous here and there but overall I did Marianthi and Sophie's vocals. The women's vocals do complement each other.I don't know if I really needed an extended version of "Can You Stop Me" but overall Inhale is a solid electro-pop album worthy of being mentioned as one of the best albums of 2013.

Comments

Popular Posts