Album of the Week

For the past week, I have been listening to Muna's third album which recently came out at the end of June. After being left feeling meh with the band's second album Saves the World (love the first album About U ), I was not planning on checking out the band's third album but that all changed when I heard the single "Home By Now" prior to the album's release. I automatically changed my mind about the band. I am super glad I gave the band another chance especially when I heard their single "What I Want" which is a club banger. I will be brutally frank, the last couple of years it has been anything but easy to find joy but when I do find it I celebrate it. This is the case with Muna's third album. I am happy the most when I am listening to the album. Songs like "What I Want" and "Home By Now" makes me want to dance. Every song is irresistibly infectious. Muna is definitely my summer album. It is bright and cheery, bouncy and yet laid back at the same time. The entire vibe is pure joy. I love that the band celebrates queer love in their lyrics.  BTW...Muna is playing First Avenue on August 8. I recently bought a ticket to that show.

Comments

Popular Posts