Album of the Week

A couple of weekends ago, I went over to the Electric Fetus to buy the new Muna album. While I was there, I saw that the symphonic metal band Visions of Atlantis had a new album out called Pirates. I didn't buy it but I did keep it in the back of my head to listen to it on Spotify. Pirates is the follow up to 2019's Wanderers. Since my trip to the 'Fetus, I have been listening to Pirates on a daily basis. I have been really enjoying this latest effort by the band. It is a super fun album to listen to during the work day. The upbeat tracks make my work day go by quicker.The songs have great hooks like on "Melancholy Angel" and "Clocks", 2 of my personal favorite tracks on the album. I will agree with Elliot Leaver, the reviewer of the album for The Distorted Soundmag, the band could use some more guitar riffs to add some grit to their sound. "Freedom" is the weakest track for me on the album. I just didn't do much for me and could have easily been left off the album, or used as a b-side on a single. Overall, great album. 

Comments

Popular Posts