Japanese Breakfast with The Linda Lindas at First Avenue 07.11.22

Last night I went to First Avenue to see Japanese Breakfast and The Linda Lindas. I was not able to go to Japanese Breakfast last time they were in town so for this show I was not going to miss them or punk band The Linda Lindas, who has become one of my favorite bands in the past 12 months. The First Avenue was the first stop on Japanese Breakfast tour. 

The last time I was at First Avenue for Rina Sawayama. At the time, I didn't position myself at a good spot to watch the show which made for a miserable concert experience. I made sure I would not repeat that same mistake. The Linda Lindas opened up the show with a highly energetic 45 minute set. Their set consisted of songs from their 2020 The Linda Linda EP and this year's debut full length album Growing up. The members of the band ranges from the age of 12 to 17. They are talented AF, and such a joy to watch in person. I love listening to their music but nothing really compares to the band's high energy live performance. If anyone can catch them live this summer (before they have to go back to school), go see them. The Linda Lindas are so much fun to watch.

This was my first time I have seen Japanese Breakfast live. After seeing last night's stunning show, I am definitely going to make a point of seeing Michelle Zauner and company in concert whenever they come through the Twin Cities. The First Avenue show was a sold out show. Here is a set list of JB's show. I love the opening number "Paprika" from Jubilee, and the fact that there was a gong on stage. I was hoping the gong would be there after seeing JB on SNL this past spring. 

As soon as doors opened last night, I picked up some band merch from The Linda Lindas merch table. I bought their new album and a t-shirt. I also ended up getting a set list after the end of their set. Asides from the fact my feet were killing me, I had a wonderful time. Next concert, Muna at First Avenue. 







Comments

Popular Posts