My 10 Current Favorite Albums of the Week

Over my 3 day weekend, I went to see The Boy and The Heron again (dubbed version this time), I have really come to love the film and the soundtrack by Joe Hisaishi, who has composed most of the scores (if not all) for Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyawaki films. While not my absolute favorite Joe Hisaishi score, the music is still lovely and very soothing to listen to during the work day. 

On Friday, I picked up a copy of Joe's A Symphonic Celebration album (with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra) and Tanya Tucker's newest album Sweet Western Sound at the Electric Fetus. They have been getting lots of play time with me. Still annoyed the Grammys totally ignored Sweet Western Sound, maybe 2025? The album picks up where While I'm Livin' left off. I am happy that Tanya Tucker did get into the Country Music Hall of Fame this year. She deserved to be there.

So thrilled that Ghost Cries brought back their latest release Cocytus on Spotify, under their current Spotify account (old one was deleted). I missed listening to Cocytus. It is one of my favorite metal releases of 2023, and certainly one of the best Japanese metal albums I have listened to this year. 

Speaking of Japanese metal bands, I recently discovered the Japanese post-Black metal band Ebola. They recently released a new album called Distorted Romance. I like it a lot, this coming from someone who isn't a huge black metal fan, genre is a hit or miss with me.

01. Joe Hisaishi: The Boy and the Heron


02. Joe Hisaishi: A Symphonic Celebration - Music From The Studio Ghibli Films of Hayao Miyazaki


03. Tanya Tucker: Sweet Western Sound


04. Ghost Cries: Cocytus


05. Closure: Innocence


06. Ebola: Distorted Romance


07. Blush: Supercrush


08. Romy: Mid Air


09. MistoriA: Trigger EP


10. Arogya: SuperNatural

Comments

Popular Posts