Album of the Week

Today at work, I was looking up some music on Spotify when I came across Kenji Kawai's music to Innocence: Ghost in the Shell 2 (one of my personal favorite anime films of all time). The film itself is one hell of a ride. Probably would be even more entertaining to watch if the viewer dropped acid. The same can be said about the soundtrack to Satoshi Kon's Paprika. I remember watching Innocence in the movie theater in over a decade ago and being totally blown away by the animation as well as the music. The music really stood out with me the most. After 16 years, the soundtrack hold up quite well. I just love how chaotic the sound is, I particularly love the tracks with choral vocals (here is a live YouTube clip of Ghost In The Shell's Reincarnation featuring the Cinema Symphony).

Comments

Popular Posts