My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday Everyone! Well my taste in music this week was all over the place. I listened to quite a bit of Joe Hisaishi's music to Megan Thee Stallion. There are some new songs but most of this week's playlist consists of older songs.

I was really disappointed when I found out that Studio Ghibli's music wasn't going to be available for Spotify users outside of Japan so I dug around Joe's Spotify account and found some great music to stream, one of them being the soundtrack to Departures, my favorite foreign language/international film of all time. The film is about an unemployed cellist who takes a job at a funeral home. There is some humor in the film but for the most part it is a drama and be forewarned, you will cry big time.  Joe Hisaishi's music really elevated the film. I should watch it on Amazon Prime this weekend.

I finally got around to listen to the new Seven Spires album Emerald Seas. I love it! Super excited about seeing and meeting them in September with Amaranthe and Battle Beast.

I must be one of the few people who loved Grimes' previous album Art Angels because I was not really feeling it when I heard her new album Miss Anthropocene. Did like the song "Delete Forever" but overall the album was meh to me.

Songs to check out:
"Lavi Difisil" by Our Native Daughters
"Cowgirl Bebop" by HANA
"I Want You Around" by Snoh Aalegra
"Ave Maria" by Joe Hisaishi
"Unmapped Darkness" by Seven Spires
"Delete Forever" by Grimes

Comments

Popular Posts