Album of the Week

Over the weekend, I discovered the Japanese gothic metal band Eleanor. The band is from Osaka and formed in 2005. They have 4 albums out: Downhearted (2021), Celestial Nocturne (2016), Breathe Life Into Essence (2013), and A Circle of Lament (2008). I quickly became a fan after listening to tracks like "This Lamentation" and "Elegy" from their latest release Downhearted. I have been listening to Downhearted every day since since I found them on Spotify's homepage. I listen to a lot of J-Metal and this band definitely does no sound like any of my favorite bands like Ancient Myth, Lovebites, Serenity in Murder, Stigmatized, Mary's Blood, and Sungoddess. I also like that singer Shiori Vitus's pitch is lower than some of her peers. TBH the higher pitched vocals in the J-Metal can be a bit monotonous. While I may not understand Japanese, I can definitely hear the passion Shiori puts into her songs. I definitely recommend checking out Eleanor's music for all J-Metal fans. 

Comments

Popular Posts