My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday! Time for this week's playlist.

This week I saw on Spotify former tattoo artist Kat Von D recently released a new album. I couldn't help but check it out for some laughs. It was pretty basic darkwave music. Her voice and music isn't bad but it is not worth listening to again. Pretty forgettable overproduced music and generic AF. I did like the song "Projected" which features Peter Murphy on the song.

I recently discovered the Indonesian darkwave band Camlann. They are so good. I haven't listened to their latest album Circa 1983 but I can definitely say their first album The Forgotten Last Fragments is really good and worth checking out. Current favorite song off that album is "To Vatican". 

Listened to a lot of post-punk music from all over Asia. Really digging the sounds of Sonicave, The Horror Club, Zelda (RIP), The Big Wave, and Coldvvave all whose music is featured on this week's playlist. I really wish and hope for people in the goth scene would look beyond western countries and dive into countries such as China and Japan. Same with the metal fans and the metal scene like in China, Japan, India, Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam to name a few. 


Songs to Check Out:
"Like Suicide" by ACTORS
"Every Spring I Feel Sick in the Head" by The Horror Club  
"To Vatican" by Camlann (Indonesian darkwave band)
"Memory" by Coldvvave
"The Beast's Carnival" by Sonicave
"Sky Bohemian" by Zelda

Comments

Popular Posts