Playlist of the Week

Last month, I was inspired to create a playlist that centered around the metal and rock scenes in Vietnam. I felt it was time for me to make a mix of the music scene from the country I originated from especially since this week it will be 48 years since I arrived in the US via Operation Babylift. My journey into the music scene in Vietnam has been a fascinating journey. I really love the metal bands I have found through Unite Asia like Leukotomy and Diasoria. 

Overtime I realized that keeping my mix to strictly metal and rock music wasn't fair, and was limiting to say the very least, so I renamed this playlist to The Modern Sounds of Vietnam. I still want the mix to be centered around metal and rock but at the same time I want to be more inclusive and include artists/bands whose music goes beyond the metal and rock genres while maintaining a modern, contemporary sound too. As a result, I have discovered a plethora of artists whose music fuses traditional Vietnamese and modern electronica music. Their music is a nice addition to my playlist. I have the occasional V-pop track but for the most part, the playlist consists of metal, rock, and electronica music.

Songs to Check Out:
To Dan Pho Nghe Thuat by Annam
Dung Hoa by Limebocx, My Huong Violin
O Mai by Mona Evie
La Anh by Pham Lich
Model Minority by Maggie Tra

Comments

Popular Posts