Playlist of the Week

It is the last Monday in April, here is my mix of my favorite songs I have listened to this month. April was a great month for music. 

1) Japanese artist Mari Hamada released a new album last week called Soar. That was a nice surprise. I was thrilled by the fact she went back to her heavy metal roots when I first heard the album.

2) I have been listening to a lot of Onmyo-za (Japanese folk/metal band) a lot because I decided to start putting together a playlist of my favorite albums by the band. The band has quite an extensive catalog on Spotify even though one (or more) of their earlier albums has been removed.

3) Indonesian darkwave band Camlann and Chinese post-black metal band Bliss-Illusion both released new singles this month. I have been really digging their new songs a lot. I know Bliss-Illusion is working on a 2nd album for sure. I hope this new song by Camlann "Your Death is My Glory" means a new album. Got my fingers crossed. Go listen to both songs they are great.

4) I also love the new song by post-punk band The Bellwether Syndicate "Golden Age". It is my favorite single by the band. One of these days I will have to download their new album (I contributed to their online fundraising campaign for the album) very soon to listen to it in its entirety.

Songs to Check Out:
"Golden Age" by The Bellwether Syndicate
"Under the Burning Skies" by Ad Infinitum
"Your Death is My Glory" by Camlann
"Morta" by Paradigm Shift
"Dancing with Heartache" by Mari Hamada

Comments

Popular Posts