Album of the Week

This week I have started to go through my list of 2019 releases that I put together and began listening to the albums so I can put together my top 20 list of what I consider to be the best music releases of 2019. I feel bad for some of the albums on my list because I have neglected them for other albums this year. One of those albums is the debut album Brickbat by Piroshka. The band features Miki Berenyi on vocals/guitar, Michael Conroy on bass, Moose on guitar, and Justin Welch on drums/percussion. It is a fantastic album. I can hear a  little Lush, Modern English, and Elastica through out the album. I won't lie, I really wasn't impressed with the music initially however after months of not listening to it, the album sounds a lot better than it did the first time around. Not really sure where this album will place on my end of the year list considering the large amounts of wonderful music I have heard this year but it at least will get an honorable mention nod. Brickbat is definitely a highlight of 2019 and an underrated release of the year too.

Comments

Popular Posts