Spotify wrapped 2019

Today, Spotify published its annual wrapped feature which tells users what music they have listened to the most this year (and now this decade).  Here is what I know about my music consumption via Spotify this year.

My top 5 artists:
1) Rhiannon Giddens (68 hours of her music I have listened to this year).
2) Brandi Carlile
3) Lindi Ortega
4) Imaginary Flying Machines
5) Dido

My artist of the decade is Autumn (US band). What a shock. Said no one ever. LOL!

I have listened to artists from 59 countries.

I am genre-fluid, meaning I refused to let one sound define me. Here is what I listened to the most in order: 1) Folk-pop, 2) Dance-pop, 3) Darkwave, 4) Rock, and 5) Country.


Here is my playlist of my top played songs of 2019.



My top podcasts:
1) Jemele Hill is Unbothered
2) Today in True Crime
3) The Breakdown with Shaun King (stopped listening to it a few months ago because Shaun is shady AF with his fundraising practices).
4) Pop Culture Happy Hour
5) Aria Code

I have spent 8,705 minutes listening to podcasts. My favorite is news but I do like some true crime and tv/film too.

I have discovered 547 new artists I really vibed with Rhiannon Giddens. That is what Spotify actually said believe it or not. LOL! Had the joy of seeing her live for the first time last month too.

Top Songs/Artists
2013: "Dal Castello Di Avella" (Song), Junksista (Artist)
2014: "Prophet" (Song), Uh Huh Her (Artist)
2015: "Alpenglow" (Song), Nightwish (Artist)
2016: "Come Back to Me" (Song), Blutengel (Artist)
2017: "Forsaken Love" (Song), Autumn (Artist)
2018: "Story of a Heart" (Song), Autumn (Artist)
2019: "Dark Holler" (Song), Rhiannon Giddens (Artist)

So that's my year in Spotify ;).

Comments

Popular Posts