My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday folks! For a three day work week, it sure felt like a five day work week. At least there was no shortage of interesting new music to listen to at work. Discovered some interesting new artists via Bandcamp under their The Best Electronic Albums or Best Metal Albums of 2019. I found some interesting new music from Bandcamp but also from NPR (i.e Vagabon).

I would like to go on record and say it is quite hilarious and annoying at the same time to read comments on social media on various best of 2019 lists (music-wise) which people complain about not knowing who the artists are on these lists. While I am no spring chicken I do make an effort to find new music to listen to via the internet. I rather not look like an out of touch dinosaur. Is it really that hard for people to challenge their set ways by discovering new music? Judging by the comments I read on NPR's FB page today, it is but that's their problem, not mine. All I can say is do not start whining about a list of artists that NPR or other media sites lists for their best of lists and at the same time don't make the effort to find new music when the internet is right there under your fingers. In other words, please shut the fuck up and stop listening to just what you are familiar with.

Songs to check out:
"You Should Sleep Alone" by Gully Boys
"Morbid Abakus" by Yugen Blakrok
"Wind on the Storm" by Sanhedrin
"Water Me Down" by Vagabon
"Suicidal Birds" by Helalyn Flowers
"Terminus" by The Rope

Comments

Popular Posts